[Discuss] Its not possible to make things easier for users

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 16:37:53 -0500
Mark Woodward <markw at mohawksoft.com> wrote:

> A single detonation won't damage an engine much. The timing retard
> that happens after a know is temporary. You will get repeated
> knocking even with sensors. You just won't notice it except for the
> lack of power and fuel efficiency.

This is not how it works. Adaptive tuning "sticks" until something
happens to cause it to readjust. Or it's broken.

> Actually, Samsung has 23% of the phone market and Apple has 9%
>
> http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/05/samsung-apple-continue-smartphone-marketshare-tug-of-war/

Ah... that's misleading. Samsung is bigger world wide, sure, but not
all of Samsung's smartphones run Android. Your assertion was that
Android was bigger than iOS so it's not fair to include Windows Phone
and Bada in Samsung's market share figures.

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 17:39:10 -0500
Shirley M?rquez D?lcey <mark at buttery.org> wrote:

> The
> catch is that this may cause a severe performance drop in an engine
> designed for high octane fuel, not the mere 10HP that somebody alluded
> to.

That was me, and it shouldn't be more than about 10HP at the high end
under normal circumstances.

ANYWAY. Joe Consumer doesn't give a damn about any of this. He just
wants to push a button, fill the tank, and go.

--
Rich P.