[Discuss] Its not possible to make things easier for users

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 11:02 AM, Kent Borg <kentborg at borg.org> wrote:

> When I take a picture with my "camera" and put it on my computer and
> e-mail it, I have to make lots of decisions and follow lots of steps. When
> I take a picture with my Galaxy Nexus "telephone" it is simpler and I have
> far fewer decisions to make.

When I first got my DSLR, I had a lot of decisions and a lot of steps, but
I made those decisions once and set up the infrastructure to implement
those decisions, and I also scripted the steps to the point where the
process is simple and easy and does exactly what I want.

It's actually more cumbersome and labor-intensive for me to get photos from
an iOS device into my system than it is to pull them off my DSLR. It would
be dead simple if I could access the iOS device as a file system and just
copy the photo files like I do with the DSLR.

Also, the difference in quality is not something I can just dismiss. The
photos from every iOS device and every smartphone camera that I've ever
seen have been total crap in comparison to what the DSLR provides.

PGP KeyID: 32A492D8 / Email: abreauj at gmail.com
PGP FP: 7834 AEC2 EFA3 565C A4B6  9BA4 0ACB AD85 32A4 92D8