[Discuss] Its not possible to make things easier for users

On 01/15/2013 01:55 PM, John Abreau wrote:
> Also, the difference in quality is not something I can just dismiss.
> The photos from every iOS device and every smartphone camera that I've
> ever seen have been total crap in comparison to what the DSLR provides.

Ah, I was talking about the little camera I have that fits in my pocket.
It takes better pictures than does my phone--a little bit better--but
when I take a picture likely I want to "show it to someone", which in
2013 frequently means e-mailing it. A few taps with my phone, but a
production with my camera.

I would *love* to have a fancy DSLR, with a couple lenses, and a few
other toys. I have seriously thought about getting one. But then I
imagine where it would spend its time: sitting safely at home. I would
mostly never have it with me unless I had decided to go on a photo
safari for the day. A tiny camera, on the other hand, can be in the
little bag I carry with me everywhere I go. I don't have to decide to
bring my camera. I have lots of swell stuff in my little bag, in
addition to a camera, and the bag is easily smaller than an DSLR bag.

I know full well that modern DSLRs are stunning things. Did you see that
New York Magazine cover helicopter photo of Manhattan partially blacked
out?  1/40 of a second. 25,000 ISO!  Stunning.

http://www.complex.com/art-design/2012/11/photographer-of-new-york-magazines-hurricane-sandy-cover-explains-how-he-did-it

-kb, the Kent who thinks he will soon upgrade his aged camera, but the
replacement still needs to be little enough to always have with him,
maybe get one of the models that run Android, so he can e-mail directly
from the camera.