[Discuss] Interesting rant about Gnome 3

I just installed a bunch of options on my F17 desktop to try out.

Mate looked promising; it would have been my preferred choice, except that
it turns out focus-follows-mouse is broken. I have it set to "sloppy", and
it works fine in Gnome Shell, Cinnamon, LXDE, and XFCE, but not in Mate.

I found where to configure it, in Mate's "Window" preferences, and I made
sure it's set to "sloppy" there, but even with that setting, Mate is
ignoring the setting and sticking with click-to-focus.

F18 was released yesterday, so once I download and install it on a test
machine, I'll try Mate again to see if the problem goes away. In the
meantime, I'm using LXDE, which is working very well so far.