[Discuss] Storage question follow-up

Great iPv6 talk Wednesday night, thanks, Dan Hagerty!
I've dabbled with Sixxs/aiccu if I can help anyone with my miniscule experience:
$ ping6 -qc 10 ipv6.google.com
PING ipv6.google.com(vb-in-x63.1e100.net) 56 data bytes
--- ipv6.google.com ping statistics ---
10 packets transmitted, 10 received, 0% packet loss, time 9012ms

I wasn't fully prepared to ask my storage question Wed. night.  I've
now tried to draw a picture of my situation/concept in google docs:
  http://goo.gl/K98JN
I hope that better explains what I'm trying to do.  I'm guessing it's
fairly easy to implement, if I just knew which of the several
closely-related tools to use.  I'm hoping someone can look at that
diagram and say, "Oh, I see what you're trying to do.  Go with
<Tool-X>, that does exactly what you're trying to do".  I'd prefer to
use Linux (Ubuntu).  Our problem is storage of 100s of xGB video
files, and file-directory management. I want to be able to present an
"N Drive" CIFS/SMB share to the users, under which they'll be able to
easily drill down to their files; and on the back-end, to be able to
efficiently use the NAS boxes we have, and simply add more NAS boxes
(or other device type you recommend) to the ethernet switch as we fill
up the old ones.  Or something like that.  I'll worry about bandwidth
and backup of the bit pile later...

Thanks!
Pete from Newburyport