[Discuss] Server won't boot kernel. initramfs problem?

RAM going bad silently is an aggravating problem, and we often don't think
to test the RAM when some mysterious error crops up. It would be great if
Nagios was able to test RAM automatically.

Is it possible to test RAM on a live system, rather than having to boot
into memtest86?