[Discuss] [OT] Smart Phones

On 03/01/2013 11:47 AM, Rich Pieri wrote:
> But again, the nature of the activity hasn't changed, just the tools
used to perform them.

You make sense, but at the expense of being sensible.

By your logic electric power and telegraph and trains and cars and radio
and TV and lasers and maybe even space travel didn't change the nature
of activity either, just the tools.

A logical distinction that is self-consistent, but not maybe terribly
useful in this context: we might have to go back to the industrial
revolution or maybe even the invention of agriculture or the invention
of democracy before you will agree the "nature of the activity" changed.
Your perspective brings up interesting questions, but pretty remote from
phones of any sort.

-kb