[Discuss] Gnome 3 activities screen

On 03/03/2013 04:22 PM, Matthew Gillen wrote:
> On 3/3/2013 11:28 AM, Jerry Feldman wrote:
>> On my gnome3 activities screen I have 2 icons that are dead.(eg. mouse
>> to top left, then click on all applications)
>> One icon is blank and the other specifices the application but does not
>> point anywhere. I'd like to be able to remove one of the icons and edit
>> the other. (I can probably fix the other one by placing a symlink in
>> /usr/bin).
>>
>> I did a some google searching, but nothing really solved the problem.
>>
> You can right click on them to bring up a context menu to remove them.
> Then in the full application list, you can right click to "add to
> favorites" to fix the other.
The context menu only has "New Window" and "Add to Favorites",
the favorites bar when you right click on an applicaiton only has
"Remove from Favorites, New Windows, and a an additional entry or two if
the application is running.
There is no way I have found to delete those icons, or to edit the icons
to point them to the correct application, I've run the gnome-tweak tool,
the gconf and dconf editors, but I was not able to fine where the icons
can be removed. I added a "Remove Activities Button", but that removes
the hot corner.  If I do a find -name using wildcards looling in
/usr/share ~/.local.
The application itself installs in /opt, but at present I have to call
it via the command line.

This is not a big issue since everything works. I just don't know how to
remove application icons from the desktop (all applications, not yhr
favorites bar).

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix