[Discuss] Opinions needed: wiki software

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 1:40 PM, Greg Rundlett (freephile)
<greg at freephile.com> wrote:

> A solution to this common situation is to use the wiki as the internal
> authoring and sharing environment.  Then, built a thin replication/proxy
> layer that essentially exports anything not marked 'private' to the public
> view.  This not only solves the access problems but can also solve scaling
> requirements as a side-effect.

Random Security comment:

I think it would be much safer to have  people mark pages that they
want to be public rather then having to remember to mark pages as
private.   If they get it wrong (forget to mark it public), it just
requires them to go back and fix it.   The other way around means your
private data gets out when you forget to mark it private.  I
understand that when 99% of the info is public this makes posting
public information more difficult, but I still think it would be
preferable.

Just my 2cents,
Bill Bogstad