[Discuss] Opinions needed: wiki software

On 03/11/2013 06:41 PM, Bill Horne wrote:
> On 3/11/2013 6:33 PM, John Abreau wrote:
>> Does mediawiki keep everything in mysql? I've used TWiki in the past,
>> and one of
>> the things I really liked about it was that the wiki pages were all
>> stored as regular
>> text files, under RCS version control.
>
> John,
>
> I don't know, sorry. I /think/ the answer is "Yes", but I don't know
> enough about Mediawiki to say.
>
> How is TWiki for ease-of-use and ease-of-adoption?
>
> Bill

The wiki I mentioned, Foswiki, is a fork of TWiki.  It's so named
because the creator of TWiki tried to commercialize it (see
http://foswiki.org/About.WhyThisFork) and this fork was made as a
defense mechanism against that.  They've done some amazing work with it
since then.

By the way, there's a tool to import MediaWiki into Foswiki
(http://foswiki.org/Extensions/MediaWikiToFoswikiContrib)

The documentation home (http://foswiki.org/System/WebHome) has:

  * 1 minute introduction <http://foswiki.org/System/MainFeatures> -
    what is it?