[Discuss] Google Reader Retiring

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 20:59:06 -0400
Rich Pieri <Richard.Pieri at gmail.com> wrote:

> Not skepticism. RSS is pretty well free of advertising. What's
> Google's primary revenue stream? Advertising. Doesn't take genius to
> add that up.

Upon further reflection, no. It's probably not just about advertising
revenue. It's probably also about Google being sued in several EU
nations over republishing snippets of news articles. This could be just
as much a CYA move as it is a cost-cutting measure.

Me? I use RSSowl and I sync the configuration directory with Unison.
Much as I dislike Java as an implementation of a p-machine it is the
one most widely deployed and developed on.

--
Rich P.