[Discuss] FOSS email that doesn't suck -- does such a thing exist?

On 3/28/2013 4:48 PM, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> Thunderbird currently meets all my needs, but it occasionally freezes.
> I've manually deleted all index files and compacted all folders, but I
> don't think the freeze is due to a corrupted mbox folder. Converting

It's not corrupted mbox files. It's the Mork database that T-bird uses
for summary information that gets out of sync. This takes a long time
with large mbox files and, since T-bird isn't threaded that way, locks
up the UI.

You can't convert from mbox to maildir. You have to delete the account
(save your mail first if needed), enable maildir storage, and recreate
the account (and import mail if needed).

--
Rich P.