[Discuss] Point-and-cluck groupware

Google apps would certainly work but there is no longer a free option.
Sites+Groups+Docs would do all that and more.

However you if you can not shell out for Google apps you could do the same
with generic Google accounts.  You would just not have the centralized
management portal. So your admins would have more work to do.

A hybrid of paid and unpaid accounts would also work and reduce workload
some.