[Discuss] network administration tools on tablets

Tom Metro wrote:
> A company that develops open source security hardware and software has
> bundled a Google Nexus 7 tablet with a custom ROM (which includes a
> chroot Ubuntu install and a bunch of security tools) and some USB
> network interfaces (wired, WiFi, and long range Bluetooth) to create a
> portable network security testing tool.

On a related note, episode 17 of "This Week in Enterprise Tech" covers
several network administration tools useful on tablets. (They cover
iPads and Surface tablets, as well as Android.)

http://twit.tv/show/this-week-in-enterprise-tech/17

(The tablet tool coverage starts at about 17 minutes into the episode.)

Some apps they mention that I use include:

"WiFi Analyzer"
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer

"Fing - Network Tools" (covered in the podcast at 50 minutes in)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.overlook.android.fing

They also mentioned "Network Mapper"
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.networkmapper)
and talked about remote desktop clients (RDP) and a bit about hardware
accessories, like USB Ethernet adapters and the MetaGeek Wi-Spy spectrum
analyzer (http://www.metageek.net/products/wi-spy/).

 -Tom

--
Tom Metro