[Discuss] Verizon phasing out copper

On 5/1/2013 11:17 AM, Jack Coats wrote:
> Basic anti-competitive action using FUD.  Sounds like the computing
> industry in the last 30 years.

Except that, as I noted earlier, there is no competition at all in many
of the neighborhoods where VZ is disconnecting that copper. Like my
neighborhood. Prior to the FiOS deployment I could get telephone only
from Verizon and whatever Comcast offered. That was it. No DSL, no
broadband competition. I'm too far from the CO. This isn't a rural
neighborhood Middle of Nowhere, Maine. This is suburban Natick, MA. And
I couldn't get DSL from anyone.

Holler about VZ's FUD if you want, but be aware that your cries are
themselves FUD.

--
Rich P.