[Discuss] Verizon phasing out copper

Nobody said anything about them using labor to dismantle the copper. Mostly
they're just turning it off, or letting it degrade to the point where they
can't provide adequate service with it. I'm a victim of the latter here in
Dorchester; we had DSL for a while but it would go out every time we had a
serious rainstorm and Verizon simply wouldn't fix it. They would send out
technicians after the weather cleared, find no problem, and go home, but
would never send a tech DURING the bad conditions or simply concede there
was a problem and run a new pair.