[Discuss] Verizon phasing out copper

On 5/1/2013 12:56 PM, Shirley M?rquez D?lcey wrote:
> Nobody said anything about them using labor to dismantle the copper. Mostly
> they're just turning it off, or letting it degrade to the point where they
> can't provide adequate service with it. I'm a victim of the latter here in

This is precisely what VZ did when they deployed FiOS in my
neighborhood. The old lines are buried, in conduits shared with Comcast
and NSTAR. VZ didn't bother to actually pull out all the old wires. They
dug new trenches for the fiber runs. The copper is there; its simply
unmaintained. It still works for all I know, and there may be neighbors
still using it for all I know.

--
Rich P.