[Discuss] Verizon phasing out copper

On 5/1/2013 7:49 PM, Dan Ritter wrote:
> The Service is not subject to regulation by a state public
> utility commission or other state utility regulatory authority.
>
> Res ipsa loquitur.

Only taken in the wrong context -- such as my mistaken previous comment.
Mistaken but not for the reason you cite.

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts does not regulate cable TV and similar
services. This is a right reserved by the cities and towns where such
services are provided. Switching from copper POTS to FiOS or Comcast or
Cox or whatever does not cause you to forfeit your right to complain. It
changes the office where you file your complaint from the MA Office of
Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation (note: not the MA DPU) to your
local equivalent.

--
Rich P.