[Discuss] Verizon phasing out copper

On 5/8/2013 4:21 PM, Tom Metro wrote:
> Tom Metro wrote:
>> Today I received a letter from Verizon regarding my residence in Newton
>> saying "Verizon is replacing telephone wires...we'll need to move your telephone
>> service to our new fiber network. ..."
> FYI, this note was also published in the Telecom Digest:
> https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/comp.dcom.telecom/ortzIMuDUIk
>
> which generated a few interesting responses...at least until it went on
> off the tangent of discussing electromagnetic pulse weapons. :-)

Since I'm the Moderator of the Telecom Digest, I asked Tom, and several
other posters, for
permission to report their emails: along with the responses from Digest
readers, it's
been a very interesting thread.

<SHAMELESS PLUG>
If any BLU members are interested in telecom matters, I'll be glad to
sign you up for the
email version, which can be set to "Digest" format, or for individual
email delivery.
</SHAMELESS PLUG>

Bill

--