[Discuss] CLECs

IIRC, certain policy wonks claimed that AT&T eventually decided that being
broken up by the Justice Department was not such a bad idea, because as
non-monopolies the Baby Bells had more freedom of action than their mother.

(And since deregulation, the Bell System seems to be reconstituting itself.
SNET and four of the seven original Baby Bells?Ameritech, BellSouth,
Pacific Telesis, and Southwestern Bell?are now incorporated into AT&T, and
the other two?NYNEX and Bell Atlantic?are now Verizon.)