[Discuss] gracefully shutdown guests

In terms of the signal to noise ratio for the list, the noise just went up.
 It seems like you're putting off Chuck's contribution to the list and at
the same time not offering the "various reasons" why some (unnamed)
alternate virtualization scheme works better for you.

I don't do systems administration on a daily basis.  I'm vaguely familiar
with the never-ending succession of technologies, consortiums, standards
and products that might go under the name 'virtualization' [1].  I find it
helpful  to be given a list of related technologies, starting with a
'native' to free software hypervisor so as to be familiar with the system
from the bare metal up.  If there are advantages to using a particular
hypervisor, or new developments that make solution X interesting, then that
would be a good discussion for this list.  Right?

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_platform_virtual_machines

Greg Rundlett