[Discuss] Low Cost Internet?

FreedomPop is using the Clearwire network, as is the new incarnation of
NetZero, so comments about Clear coverage will also apply to them.

Here at my house we did not have a positive experience with Clear. But I
live with six other people and we are heavy internet users; our typical
data usage was running around 80GB/month, which seems to be rather more
than Clear was comfortable with. Our service would get slowed down to a
crawl during the busy hours (some part of the 6pm-2am period) without
warning. We reported the problems to them repeatedly; they would promise to
fix it but never did. Eventually it became clear (sic) that they had no
intention of adding more capacity in our neighborhood and would prefer that
we just go away and stop bothering them.

When they weren't doing that to us the service was OK but not stellar. We
would get about 3Mbps most of the time, speeding up to 6-8Mbps at really
quiet times like the middle of the night. Clear (or one of the other
companies using the network) could be a good deal for people with more
modest needs than we have.