[Discuss] Low Cost Internet?

On 6/9/2013 2:57 PM, Will Rico wrote:
> Thank you for all the great responses!  Does anyone know if a DSL
> service like https://www.dslextreme.com requires that you also have
> voice service?  Is it possible to have DSL without any telephone
> service in the home?

It is, but it may not be worth it. I used to have Speakeasy DSL, which
had a separate copper pair to my home, but Speakeasy abandoned my town
(Sharon) and now I'm using Verizon. Since Verizon has just raised it's
DSL rates, I'd also like to see reports from others.

Of course, there's more than one flavor of "DSL": I'm particularly
interested in things such as IDSL, which can be connected directly to an
ISP.

Bill

--
Bill Horne