[Discuss] VOIP provider

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 09:25:38PM -0400, Tom Metro wrote:
> > ...but I couldn't expect any other company, however big or small, to
> > withstand it.
>
> If they had a redundant setup in a data center anywhere outside the
> North East, they could have rode out the storm, with only an impact to
> the local NYC POTS lines, which many Callcentric customers don't use (I
> don't).

Oh, you'd like to think so, but it turns out that multiple
datacenters is not a guarantee of stability, either. (But it is
a prerequisite.)

I can recommend OnSIP (aka Junction Networks) as being
reasonably high quality and reasonably reliable. They are not a
low-price leader (unless you've looked at quotes from ATT
lately, in which case they are quite a bargain).

-dsr-