[Discuss] Gmail in Europe

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Jay Kramer
>
> Neither one of them can
> log into their gmail accounts.

Using their own computers?

While in Paris internet cafe, I had a bugger of a time typing anything on the French-layout keyboard.  I needed to open notepad or something like that, start typing, see my characters, delete them, and then type into the login prompt.

At the gmail login prompt, they have "Can't access your account?" link.  There, you specify your email address, and they follow whatever account recovery process they have for your account.  The account recovery process is variable for different accounts - Once logged in you can click on your avatar, and click on Account, and set your account security & recovery options.  Enable two-factor authentication, provide a recovery email address and/or phone number.  They have an automated system that can call you or text you or email you for recovery purposes.

If you never configured any recovery options, then occasionally (like, once a month? two months?)  they prompt you to configure.