[Discuss] Are there any SSL certificate authorities that don't cost a king's ransom?

a lot of folks will laugh or say how 'bad' it is, but cacert.org is a
certificate provider and you can find folks in your area that will (or
at least can) generate one for you.  Ask at BLU, or just search for
folks on cacert.org that can generate certs for you.  You may be
charged to cover their costs, but it should be pretty low.  Without to
much problem you can set up as a cacert member and be able to generate
them yourself.

--
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart... Colossians 3:23
"If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate"