[Discuss] email privacy/security

Bob Dunphy wrote:
> Much of this discussion is academic.  If I was interested in reading random
> email it is much easier to read "clear text" email and most, by far, is
> "clear text".  The only reason I would spend time trying to read encrypted
> if I "targeted" a person or company.

That's because when you're bored at work you can browse your web comics
or forums or read this or whatever. What do bored NSA analysts do? They
watch you browse your web comics and forums and whatever. That's what
XKeyscore does: it lets these semi-technical analysts like Edward
Snowden watch over your shoulder without you ever knowing it.

--
Rich P.