[Discuss] Installfest Request: Tascam, Ubuntu Studio

I have a friend who will be attending the Installfest this Saturday
and is looking for help with the following issues: "I am using Ubuntu
studio for audio purposes and it seems to me that my Tascam sound card
will not function as a Usb interfacer.  Another issue that I would
like to get some input is the possibility of lowering the latency to
its lowest level in Ubuntu studio with the Xfce environment."

This person is a musician and if he can get the Tascam sound card
working properly, he sees some great potential for low cost audio
production on GNU/Linux.

If anyone with knowledge of these issues will be at the Installfest,
please let me know what time you'll plan to be there and I'll let my
friend know.  Any help is appreciated!

Thank you,
Will