[Discuss] Suse sed question

I need to verify this for myself, but someone working with moving some dev
continuous integration tools from Windows to an older version of Suse
tells me that the sed command is missing the -b option to treat input
files as binary.  Its taking all the input files, which are in DOS format,
and converting them to POSIX line endings, which is causing our source
control system to act as if every line in the file is changed.

Can someone confirm this?