[Discuss] how to contract correctly?

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Bill Horne
>
>  2. Consider incorporating. Many attorneys charge over $1,000 for
>     forming corporations, but there are deep discounts available if you
>     shop around. Just having a corporate shield will insulate you from
>     enough risks that it's often worth it.
>  3. If you don't incorporate:

Don't incorporate, unless you know the differences between a LLC and a Corporation.
The LLC is tax advantaged, and lower cost of formation.
The corporation is generally only necessary if you're creating proprietary IP and you plan to be acquired, or something like that.

If you're providing a service, generally speaking, the LLC is better.