[Discuss] Suse sed question

On 08/28/2013 05:23 PM, David Kramer wrote:
> I need to verify this for myself, but someone working with moving some dev
> continuous integration tools from Windows to an older version of Suse
> tells me that the sed command is missing the -b option to treat input
> files as binary.  Its taking all the input files, which are in DOS format,
> and converting them to POSIX line endings, which is causing our source
> control system to act as if every line in the file is changed.
I use SED very frequently, and I have never had it change anything that
was not in the script. Most of my scripts have multiple sed scripts, and
usually remove the windows line endings because some of the files I
modify have crlf in them. But, just to reiterate, I have never had sed
change the line endings without the proper script.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix