[Discuss] (ssh) Write failed: Broken pipe

[SOLVED]
There was a second machine on the network that was configured with the same
static IP address.  Someone turned on that machine. Sometimes client SSH
connections would get routed to machine B.  I'm outside the network, so I
don't have much more detail than that.  I'm also not sure how this scenario
plays out with varying degrees of "enterprise" switching/routing hardware,
but I'd expect a good router to wave big flags when there are two
interfaces claiming the same IP with different MACs

Greg Rundlett