[Discuss] need advice buying new tablet/laptop

Hi guys,

my laptop fried and don't know where to begin picking a new one.? I'd like a tablet or small laptop that preferably i could read outside in the DAYLIGHT! and that i can run linux and python on.? with sd flash slot and usb ports.? is it possible to get one with one of those epaper screens you can read in the sun?? used is ok, i'd like to get by on less than 300$? I'm in Beverly mass, but come into cambridge regularly.? any ideas of where to see these beasts or how to find one would be appreciated!? calling would help too, cause i'm stuck using library computer!? 917 526 2580.? thanks

barry