[Discuss] Software tax to be repealed

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 8:27 AM, Grant Mongardi <gmongardi at napc.com> wrote:
> Yes, it's the consulting tax. Apparently after it passed a whole lot of
> folks complained loudly and now they are backing off. Keep emailing your
> local reps if you don't want it to quietly remain in place.

There was extensive coverage of this recently in the Globe (possibly
Sunday).   There were some quotes there that the repeal wasn't  a
"done deal" though.   The problem is that a total repeal would
apparently blow a big hole ($150 million?!) in the state budget.   Not
everybody in the legislature wants to go back to fighting over where
to raise taxes or which programs to cut.   I'm not sure what could
have changed in the last few days to make those kind of problems
disappear.   So don't be surprised if this issue resurfaces.

Bill Bogstad