[Discuss] Fwd: Can I borrow a mDP to HDMI adapter for the next meeting?

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 9:09 PM, Bill Ricker <bill.n1vux at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think GAF is right that our usual room can now switch from the center
> console, and is pretty bright about autoseeking too.  You may even be able
> to have HDMI on one projector and VGA on the other (side) screen.

One issue with the secondary screen is that we don't have a usable way to
record its video. I tried recording it from a second camcorder earlier this
year,
but the results were very low quality. Another time we tried using the
room's
built-in recording capability, but the limited access we were allowed
resulted
only in a low-resolution flash video on an MIT web page with a limited
lifespan.

> HOWEVER, yes, the BLU box of tricks should have one each of the various
> HDMI connectors just in case a speaker can't connect. (Before Boston.pm's
> room got new longer cabling a few years back, i carried a SVGA 6' M/F cable
> extender so the speaker didn't have to sit in the screen.)

I spoec'ed out the various conversion options last year. Some of them
required
simple adapters, and others required dedicated converter boxes. I'll look
around
for the notes I made with the details.

Email: abreauj at gmail.com / WWW http://www.abreau.net / 2013 PGP-Key-ID
0x920063C6
2013 / ID 0x920063C6 / FP A5AD 6BE1 FEFE 8E4F 5C23  C2D0 E885 E17C 9200 63C6
2011 / ID 0x32A492D8 / FP 7834 AEC2 EFA3 565C A4B6  9BA4 0ACB AD85 32A4 92D8