[Discuss] rsnapshot vs. rdiff-backup

https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Incremental_Backup

> It occurs to me that I'm thinking of LVM snapshots, and I'm assuming btrfs is a
> filesystem that has LVM-like functionality baked in.

btrfs snapshots are far, far, lightyears better than LVM snapshots.  No need to reserve disk space for the snapshot, no snapshot disappearing because the disk space reservation was insufficient.  No need to mount the filesystem.  Yes it can be read-only, or read-write.  Built in support to send incremental differences, and so on.