[Discuss] Dev Ops - architecture (local not cloud)

Its hard to quantify what's going on here. Yes it is slow, and we can make
guesses as to why, but without a whole system diagnostic it is hard to
know.

NFS:
Network connectivity 100M, 1G, 10G?
Sync?
OS (Solaris, FreeBSD, [any bsd], Linux, etc.)
File System
NFS server daemon
Describe the NFS server in detail, OS, NFS server, storage, etc.

Client:
Network connectivity 100M, 1G, 10G?

Infrastructure:
How many hops?
Routers/firewall in between?

NFS is not as fast as a local disk, but it should not be that slow.