[Discuss] text editor / ide's?

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Eric Chadbourne
>
> What text editor or IDE's are people using lately?  A few months back
> I revisited Netbeans.  It's OK.  I'm glad you can open a single file

Depends what you're editing.  For the windows side, C#/C++, Visual Studio, hands down.  For java, eclipse or IntelliJ IDEA.  For python, Komodo or Eclipse & pydev.  For php/zend, netbeans or PHPStorm...  On the mac, obviously XCode.  Wanna edit HTML?  Bluefish or Webstorm (some people like dreamweaver; I do not. Yes, 15 years ago, but not anymore).

Each one is better for what it's designed to be better for.  Makes sense.

But for general text editor?  Is that what you're really looking for?  I use gvim and macvim and vi everywhere I go.