[Discuss] how to manage tablets?

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Eric Chadbourne
>
> but it all feels cumbersome.  At first blush it appears these devices
> are not yet ready for corporate use but too late.  Already purchased
> by managers.

They are not meant for corporate use, and should not be treated as if they were.  You should throw your hands up in the air, hand them out without any assistance, and let people use them the way they're meant to be used - By regular schmo's who are not joined to a domain and don't have an administrator doing stuff for them or trying to lock anything down.  As far as your infrastructure is concerned, you treat them the same as any user's home device - not joined to the domain, not managed, and depending on your corp policy, maybe not permitted onto the private network.  No backups, no encryption, etc.

If you lose an employee or anything like that, you press the factory reset key sequence, and give it to another user.