[Discuss] Small website, non-technical users: Joomla, Drupal, or WordPress?

Daniel Barrett wrote:
> Have you considered not switching platforms? I would think the cost of
> moving all your mediawiki content to a new platform and retraining all
> your users would far exceed the price of a managed VPS on

MediaWiki, and Wikis in general, have a spate of problems that make them
not terribly useful for document management.

I've gotten some experience with a few actual document management
systems since the last time this came up. That's document management,
not content management.

The first is called DocDB. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. It's awful,
but the scientific community loves it so that's what I'm running.

I looked at a few others and my top choice is LetoDMS. It's easy to
install (aptitude install letodms), simple to configure, is agnostic to
file types, does versioning, doesn't use any unique or custom markup.

--
Rich P.