[Discuss] Are SQL/NoSQL databases dead?

On 1/8/2014 2:21 PM, Eric Chadbourne wrote:
> I lurk one of the postgresql dev lists and they are constantly making
> new commits and there always seem to be new features being added, most
> of which I haven't even started playing with.  But I think I hear what
> you're saying.  It's an older technology that's been pretty well
> explored and polished.  Probably not much low hanging fruit.
>
> I haven't played with the NoSQL stuff yet.  Probably because I find
> sql and it's super sets to be quite useful.  One of you posted this a
> while back.  Still cracks me up.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2F-DItXtZs

Or, try this abso-f2(*&$ng-lutely incredible commentary on one of the
currently-fashionable
methodologies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvks70PD0Rs

or languages (and it's true that php developers never get groupies) ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sygm9x9sBEo

or trying to figure out the motives, background, IQ, or batshite
attitudes of OMG I WAS THERE! I KNOW THAT GUY! I KNOW A HUNDRED OF THOSE
GUYS!!! THEY WORK AT MOTHER BELL!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OstpOap9KU&list=PL1FB3417C560AC0B7
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OstpOap9KU&list=PL1FB3417C560AC0B7>
(and, yes, I almost soiled myself several times when listening to this).

Bill, who is going back to the Scary Devil Monastery ...

P.S. (With apologies to a certain BLU member who uses that method ...)