[Discuss] Hello. and AMD loan?

I'm new to this discussion list but not to Linux.
I've just assembled a new machine with an MSI board and an AMD A10 6800k.

I normally use some form of Ubuntu, but am considering Arch/Bridge Linux.
I like the idea of rolling updates. I'm getting tired of "distribution
upgrades" breaking things.
How different is the administration of these distros? I'm really used to
apt and synaptic.
Any recommendations?

Also my big problem is that my CPU won't boot.
Doing some reading I've become aware that the bios needs an update before
it will even POST with the Richland CPU.

Does anyone know where I could borrow an FM2 Trinity CPU for just long
enough to do a Bios flash?
Anyone with a Trinity willing to lend a few clock cycles to get my machine
To POST?

I can offer a tour of the inside of the Hatch Shell as thanks (which is
where the machine is located).
Or I could visit your environs with my paperweight so as to get your CPU
back in it's home asap.

When is the next installfest?

--
Thanks,