[Discuss] 4K monitors

On 1/11/2014 3:59 PM, MBR wrote:
> Anyway, it's nice to hear that I'm not the only programmer in the
> world that thinks it's valuable to have higher resolution to allow you
> to see more code on the screen.

<RANT>
What I'd like to see is higher /VISIBILITY/, irrespective of the
resolution. Speaking for those of us who are at a certain age where the
Cntl-plus key combination is a familiar support, I'd like to have a
screen that I can see without changing glasses, pulling down the window
shades, and/or resorting to the uglier-than-sin "high contrast" color
scheme.

As a /start/, let's demand that /all/ monitors rotate a full 90 degrees:
the first "word processors" made by An Wang came that way, and I've
always been amazed that others didn't have a similar attack of common
sense. In addition, the supports for "High Definition" TV set could
benefit from similar capabilities, so that those who are called out of
bed at 3:17 AM to tend to a ailing server would be able to do so without
having to find their eyeglasses at the same time they're looking for an
ice pack and a band-aid. Don't ask me how I know.
</RANT>

Bill

--
Bill Horne