[Discuss] New basement server (Was: NTP Gone Crazy?)

On 1/11/2014 9:09 PM, Kent Borg wrote:
> I have an ancient (Ubuntu 7.04) basement server that does very basic
> things, roughly:
>
>  - DHCP server,
>  - QEMU host for three little virtual machines, and
>  - NTP client/server.
>
> Am I just dying of bit rot?  [snip]
>
> Ideas?

Search for the virtual fountain of youth ... ;-)

> Thanks,
>
> -kb, the Kent who figures it is a sign from God to build a new
> basement server.

If God is sending a sign, I see it in the dearth of IDE drives on
pricewatch.com, or the fact that IPv6 is muscling in despite my
protests, or that the only ads on Craigslist are for energetic buzzword
managers with a recent college degree and ten years experience.

bh, the Bill who figures it is all a sign from God to renew his virtual
server contract and to clear off the shelves in his basement.

--
Bill Horne
William Warren Consulting