[Discuss] Boston Linux Meeting - Galileo, Linux, and the Internet of Things

> Topic: Galileo, Linux, and the Internet of Things
> Moderator: Brian DeLacey
>
>     Brian showcases Intel's Galileo - an open design development board
> with Intel's new Quark SoC X1000 (thermal design point 1.9W - 2.2W). The
> Galileo runs with Linux, Ubuntu,and the Arduino IDE. The demonstrations
> will blend physical and distributed computing.

Thanks to Brian for a nice introduction to the Intel Galileo development
board.

If you enjoyed that topic, you might be interested in the free Internet
of Things Festival, happening Saturday, February 22:
http://www.iotfestival.com/

which will include presentations from frequent BLU hardware-topic
speakers Brian, Kurt, and Federico.

And you might be interested in BLU's Hardware Hacking list:

where some resent topics have included:

Google acquires Boston Dynamics; Zoomer robotic dog
http://www.mail-archive.com/hardwarehacking at blu.org/msg01061.html

Electric Imp Platform
http://www.mail-archive.com/hardwarehacking at blu.org/msg01081.html

home automation at CES
http://www.mail-archive.com/hardwarehacking at blu.org/msg01080.html

Xray Hacking
http://www.mail-archive.com/hardwarehacking at blu.org/msg01078.html

CES: FLIR ONE personal thermal imager
http://www.mail-archive.com/hardwarehacking at blu.org/msg01082.html

CES: MakerBot's 3 New Replicator 3D Printers
http://www.mail-archive.com/hardwarehacking at blu.org/msg01083.html

Plus, follow-up on the Galileo presentation:
http://www.mail-archive.com/hardwarehacking at blu.org/msg01085.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/hardwarehacking at blu.org/msg01086.html

 -Tom

--