[Discuss] learn or teach programs

On January 17, 2014 at 12:01 AM markw at mohawksoft.com wrote:
> <rant or not>
> I have an issue with trying to get people to program or develop software.
> You don't see lawyers saying we need more lawyers. You don't see many
> professions trying to actively recruit people.

Most people who could program computers don't know that they can.

It's true that the development of large software packages requires expertise
that is only developed over a long time of journeymanship, but look at the
available easy programming environments:

Python
Scratch
CAD programs with command line interfaces
Web server environments

I hope we don't need more lawyers, but I encourage anyone to discover mastery of
this universal machine, the computer.

peabo