[Discuss] Developing Workshops

Is anyone interested in working with me to develop workshops on
various free software topics?  The format would be:
-- Introduction/lecture...20 - 25 minutes
-- Hands-on exercises...30 - 60 minutes
-- Wrap up/questions...10 - 15 minutes

So the entire workshop session should be 1 - 2 hours.  The concept
behind the format is that it allows some flexibility with skill level.
 Even if someone is a bit more advanced, they can sit through the
introduction and not get too bored since it is short, and during the
hands-on exercises, they can tackle more advanced topics and/or assist
others.

Some topics we've brainstormed so far:

-- What's "FREE" about Free Software?
-- Free Software for Photographers
-- How to Create Your Own Website
-- Video and Audio Editiog with Free Software Tools
-- Composing Music with Free Sotware using Music Notation
-- Composing Music with Free Sotware using Loops
-- Video Editing with Free Software
-- Write Your First Computer Program with Python
-- Spreadsheets and LibreOffice Calc
-- Letter Writing and Document Creation with LibreOffice Writer
-- How to Organize Your Thoughts & Life with FreeMind and Zim
-- Learn to Type with Free Software

These are simply initial brainstorms.  None of the workshops have been
written yet.  If you have some ideas and would like to get involved,
please let me know.  I announced our next meeting (Feb 5) to the list
earlier today and we can also discuss there as well.

Will