[Discuss] Why use Linux?

markw at mohawksoft.com wrote:
>> Somehow this starts sounding like a bad Tom Cruise movie :)
>
> "bad Tom Cruise Movie" is a tautology

There's "Risky Business". :)

But seriously, "why use Linux" as an euphemism for "why use Free
Software" is a question of philosophy over utility. Free Software often
isn't the best choice -- or even a good one -- in the real world.
Sometimes the added value of non-free components like Tivo, Android and
Firewall-1 are more important in day to day operation than the
philosophy of Free Software. Ideology is all well and good but at the
end of the day it doesn't get the job done.

--
Rich P.