[Discuss] DMARC issue, Yahoo and beyond

On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 09:34:29AM -0400, Richard Pieri wrote:
> Jerry Feldman wrote:
> > Yes it is. We host thousands of members on our listservs, and many of
> > them use email clients that do not have the capability of selecting on
> > list-id.
>
> Like I said, this is not your problem. Nor is it your responsibility to
> break mail handling standards to cater to broken MUAs.

For once, I actually agree with everything you said here. :)  I hate
the subject line munging because it adds a bunch of useless info to
the beginning of the subject line, making it harder to see the actual
metadata that makes it worth having a subject line in the first place.
On a list like this it's not so bad, but it gets really bad when
people cross-post to multiple lists, as happens at work more than I
would prefer...

BUT...  Last I knew a couple of very popular MUAs couldn't filter on
anything reasonable, and many of the users of such MUAs don't have a
choice what they run because it's dictated by their
employer/spouse/etc. so for those people it's the only recourse.
Sometimes, you have to make sacrifices for the greater good, even if
you are technically "in the right" (so to speak).

-=-=-=-=-