[Discuss] raid issues

If you're doing hardware raid, and the raid controller dies, you need to
replace it with the same make and model raid card, and if it's in a server
that's been in production for years, there's a risk that the manufacturer
might no longer be making that specific make and model any more. So you
need to keep an ample supply of spares in stock.

If you're doing software raid, and treating the controller cards as just a
bunch of standard SATA or SAS ports, then a failed controller can be
replaced with any controller with at least as many SATA or SAS ports.

Personally, I prefer sticking with raid-1. I've heard too many horror
stories of raid-5 failures.